09 May 2009

Gagged & Bound by Natasha Cooper



I need to go to the library which I will do tomorrow, so have been reading my mother's murder mysteries. I was pleasantly surprised by this author. The two principal characters are a lawyer and a police officer which will always make for an interesting story. Their stories collide as they both tackle potentially extremely dangerous cases which threaten their lives as well as that of their families.

The writing itself in this book is not anything to rant and rave about, but it follows on well and makes sense. I found myself not wanting to put the book down in the way that only a good thriller can make you feel.

Some of the time I found myself exclaiming at the stupidity of one of the characters is particular who kept pursuing a dangerous road even when she knew her family were being put in danger from what she assumed were her actions. I can't quite believe anyone with intelligence would do the things she did after she had been warned of what she was dealing with.

This book does display many situations rather well though. In particular it shows the discrepancies between those who have grown up in the British upper class compared with the working class and how many people feel like once their status has risen they have something to prove, over and above people who have previously been their superiors.

This is a good read, good enough that the next book I read was by the same author. I definitely recommend it to fans of thrillers or crime novels.

No comments: