01 February 2009

Until It's Over by Nicci French



This novel as usual from these two authors is a psychological thriller, centred around several murder cases which are all connected to a bicycle courier Astrid Bell, in the way that she either finds or has been close to all the victims in the past 24 hours.
This book did not impress me much, although I don't expect any very different style, the manner in which it was written sort of bored me, too factual and way, way too coincidental. I mean sure, coincidences happen, but not that many coincidences and not within that period of time, and not without something else being planned or going on, which by the way there wasn't.
The main character didn't seem real to me somehow, and the romance in the novel didn't ring true either, or the lack thereof which I didn't really see the point of, except to have a sex scene or two in the book, because well you know, sex sells doesn't it?
Unlike some of this duo's other books this did not keep me turning the pages, the characters weren't well developed enough to make me want to keep reading, and the ones that were developed didn't seem real.
I wouldn't recommend this book.

No comments: